Thursday, February 26, 2009

Subtle Shifts


Subtle shifts. Like tiny green sprouts pushing through the almost-thawed soil. This growth seems to happen overnight. One moment I'm insecure and worried about abandonment and fitting in, another I have a calm awareness of stability, of belonging and safety. One moment I'm lazy on the couch, and the next I am intensely aware of my body's need for movement, for long longed-for yoga. Maybe I'm slowly letting go of perfectionism, because I slipped away into our room and did a simple yoga routine for my aching back, without feeling the need to do a 45 minute intensive workout. I have tentatively come out of my introverted/introspective shell and formed relationships with peers that I was hesitant to form. My heart broke open and forgiveness I had been holding back because of hurt and fear suddenly came pouring out of me, making me feel lighter and more free. And I've shifted the focus of my energy onto intentionally giving to others, in many different ways. It feels springy and hopeful to me. Though I know that I'm seeing little green sprouts, I have to believe that the seeds were working long before I noticed anything happening. Right now I definitely feel joyful about this inner spring happening inside me!

No comments: