Sunday, April 5, 2009

sleep





To sleep, perchance to dream...is this any way to live?

I've been taking a reflective look on my life lately and examining how my goals and dreams line up with my actions...and am finding myself falling short.

Well, not just short, but I guess I haven't even gotten up off the couch to even fall, so I guess I'm realized that I haven't really even begun attempting many of the dreams that I would like to accomplish.

This week I felt like an invalid. I woke up, spent all day working on homework and watching television, and then around 10 decided it was time to go to bed. While I had been productive, I had also not done anything active at all.

Too often I live to sleep. Is that any way to live?

Last night I just couldn't fall asleep, and today I took a nap and am soon shortly heading to bed. When I'm awake I alternately think about the next time I am going to sleep (or eat) and wonder if other people live this way, too. It doesn't seem like living...but I don't know what to do about it.

No comments: