Friday, April 18, 2008

InkBlots

I found an inkblot challenge in the Inspire me Thursday website and decided that even a budding artist could participate in this art idea.






When I peeled away the paint I looked at the result and thought to myself, "wow, this is what fear looks like." Inspired, I decided to keep making these neat little inkblots, to get messy and let the perfectionist voice take a backseat for once.



I think this little guy looks a lot like a dad at Disneyland. Can you see the rosy cheeks, the sparkle in his eyes and the silly hat, complete with ears? It makes me smile just looking at it.

And these are winged monkeys.


Feeling down? Feeling stressed out? Pick up some paint and make a few inkblots. You'll be surprised at how fun and easy they are, and how getting a little paint on your fingers does wonders for the soul. :)

No comments: